There's a lot to be said for becoming a part of an ever growing social and sailing network on the South Coast of Barbados. But benefits of joining the Cruising Club are wider than just having a 'home from home' in Carlisle Bay or a network or sailors to plan trips with and help you out when you need assistance.
Members have access to all club facilities and subject to space availability are able to keep boats, boards, equipment and trailers on site. The club has a locked 'wet storage' area, with access limited to those using the area for storage.
The Cruising Club owns 4 sailing dinghies (2 Lasers, a Holder and a Chrysler 14) all of which may be used after completing a short sailing competency test. For non sailors the Club also owns 4 kayaks (2 single person and two double). No test required, just show your membership cards at the bar and they'll provide the paddles.
For those who just want to spend time on the beach. We've sun loungers, shade, beachfront changing /bathrooms with lockers to keep your valuables safe.
The Club is home to Dippers Beach Bar and Restaurant, with it's friendly staff relaxed atmosphere and great value menu. Complimentary WiFi internet is available in the bar, as are AV projection and wide screen television. Members are allowed to host private parties and functions at the club with no booking cost, subject to availability. We've hosted weddings, birthday parties, fundraising events and even the odd toga party. The bar has uninterrupted views over Carlisle Bay, and is simply a perfect place to relax and unwind. Dippers is also host to regular social events. There's something for everybody to enjoy.
A range of local businesses offer discounts to Cruising Club members, on presentation of a valid membership card.
- LRN2Sail Barbados offer members a 10% discount on fees for the kids after school sailing club.
- Barbados Blue Watersports offer members special rates on jet ski rentals, scuba courses, snorkel tours, kayaks and dive courses. Phone 246 434 5764 for pricing details.
- IGY Marinas - Rodney Bay offer members a 10% discount on marina fees. Speak to Ian or Mike at the club for contact details.
- The Beach House, St James offer members a 10% discount on purchases on presentation of a valid membership card.
- NewspaperDirect offer Cruising Club members a 10% discount off of subscriptions to their international same-day delivered newspapers.
- Welchman Hall Gully offer members a 20% discount on admission fees.
- Hazells Waterworld offer members a 10% discount on dive and snorkel gear.
- Harris Paints offer members a 15% discount at all of their Harris Paints retail stores.
- R & R Cruising offer a regular discount and special introductory pricing to Cruising Club members.
- Sun General offer a 10% discount on both marine and motor insurance to Cruising Club members.
- The Ganesha Centre offer a 25% consultations and treatments to Cruising Club members. Please contact Dr Rose on 231 4531
- The Stables Coffee Shop, located at the George Washington House offer a 10% discount to Cruising Club members.
Members also receive a discounted members rate for specific events held at the club, reduced admission to the annual Old Year's Night party and free admission to the Salsa Caribe Friday salsa parties when held at the club.
And incase you forget any of that... members also receive our weekly(ish) email newsletter The BCC Barnacle! To join, download our membership form, or collect one from the bar, and become a part of the Barbados Cruising Club.